The number of companies manufacturing electric scooters has significantly increased in the past decade which means that if you are on the lookout for a new scooter, you will have to choose from hundreds of different variants.
Buying an electric scooter is not easy anymore given a large number of choices and variants available. We have created this comprehensive guide which we believe is the ultimate recourse for people looking to buy an electric scooter.
In this guide, we will discuss the different features available and what you should look for in an electric scooter before you invest in one.
The Price of Electric Scooter
- When it comes to buying electric scooters, the price plays a huge role. Depending on the type of scooter, the features and quality improve as the price increases. It all comes down to your preference - are you looking for an off-road beast like the EZ Raider or are you in the market for something subtle?
- The range basically refers to the distance a scooter can travel before it runs out of battery. A rule of thumb is to take the manufacturer’s advertised range and divide it by two. After all, a recent survey has revealed that manufacturers tend to overestimate the range of their scooters by up to 30%.
Weight of the Scooter
- Again this depends largely on personal preference. Do you feel that you will need to fold and carry your scooter with you? Think about how you will commute with the scooter - for instance, how would you climb the stairs when a scooter is very heavy?
A good idea is to invest in high-performing electric scooters such as the DS raider which is capable of climbing stairs thanks to its powerful specifications. Furthermore, these heavyweight scooters are capable of traversing through a variety of different terrain types.
The Top Speed
- The top speed of the scooter isn’t such a big factor for most people, however, if you are buying a scooter for official or unofficial races, then you must look for the top speed of the scooter. High performing scooters that can go much faster than typical electric scooters which can reach a maximum speed of 15 mph.
A word of advice - wear protective gear and helmet when riding high-performing scooters.
- Motor power typically starts at 200 watts and can go all the way to 6270 watts. Electric scooters such as the EZ Raider HD2 has immense motor power to help you traverse rough terrains. The power of the motor should depend on how you intend to use the scooter.
For instance, if you are going to use the scooter for daily commuting, then anything higher than 250 watts is unnecessary. However, if you live in an area that has steep hills, rough terrain, you can go for 350 or 500 watts.
- If you want to take things to an extreme level and use the scooter for sport, then you will have to go higher than the recommended 500 watts.
Larger motors will help you power uphills and they will also get you to the top speed faster than smaller motors.
Looking for High-Performing Electric Scooter?
- If your thinking beyond personal transportation, then a high-performing electric scooter for adults is what you need. The high-performing scooters from EZRaider, a company manufacturing powerful scooters to take this passion to new heights is well worth checking out.
- If what you need is a tireless heavy-duty utility vehicle whose essence is power, extreme navigability, agility, reliability, and safety...
If your everyday work environment is mud, sand dunes, and snowy terrains, and your work in the outdoors demands a wide range of applications and more efficacy, high payload, carrying capabilities, and long driving range.
- And, what excites and challenges you is colossal instantaneous power at your fingertips, and only the most technically challenging terrains such as ‘rock rolling’ gets your adrenaline rushing...
Then your medicine is the EZRAIDER Electric ATV scooters.